DFDL has assisted clients in Vietnam since 1995, advising on both local and international legal and tax matters from its offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. Drawing on nearly 30 years of in-depth experience in the country and the Mekong Region, DFDL has built a reputation as the preferred choice for legal and tax services in Vietnam.
DFDL Vietnam has advised on all aspects of investments from general regulatory matters to commercially robust, complex, and bespoke and sophisticated transactions.
The cornerstones of DFDL’s culture, approach, and strategy are providing international quality, seamlessly integrated, and relentlessly solution-oriented legal and tax services to establish, structure and protect our clients’ business interests.
We are positioned as the preeminent full-service, legal and tax integrated law firm in Vietnam, where DFDL has developed a reputation for technical excellence, creativity, and integrity coupled with in-depth knowledge of the local environment.
DFDL advisers have represented leading international and Asian investors in Vietnam, including leading global financial institutions. Our involvement in major projects in Vietnam includes important power projects, large real estate projects, and mergers and acquisitions.
DFDL's lawyers in the Vietnam office are sought after by clients for M&A, joint venture and foreign investment matters. The team advises on local and regional transactions in such sectors as technology, oil and gas, renewable energy, manufacturing and real estate. “DFDL have the knowledge of the local laws and how Vietnam operates, but also understand what a foreign investor is looking for. They are really good at explaining issues and local complications and how to handle these” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2023
- An international bank group on a USD 195 million international financing of a renewable energy project.
- Softbank on Thailand and Vietnam based matters in relation to its USD 1.5 billion investment into Grab, a multinational ride-hailing company based in Singapore.
- NewQuest on the restructuring and acquisition of a substantial minority interest in the holding company of a leading chemical distributor and its subsequent follow on acquisition in that entity.
- An independent investment firm, on its cornerstone investment in the USD 922 million IPO of Techcombank, a major bank and the second biggest IPO to date in Vietnam.
- B. Grimm Power on its acquisition of an 80% interest in one largest-scale solar power plants in Vietnam, the greenfield 257 MW Hoa Ho.
Address9th floor, BIDV Tower 194 Tran,
Quang Khai Street Hanoi, Vietnam
View on Google Maps
Floor 12A, Opal Office Tower, 92 Nguyen Huu Canh Street,
Ward 22, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
View on Google Maps
+84 24 3936 6411
+84 28 3910 0072
8 AM – 6 PM
Monday – Friday