In 2005, DFDL established a permanent presence in Bangkok to better serve the needs of our growing client base in Thailand. We provide a comprehensive range of integrated legal, tax and consulting services to small and medium businesses, large corporations and major Thai banks and financial institutions. Our years of solid local experience working in conjunction with these entities have helped us build a strong reputation in Thailand.
Our legal and tax team have extensive involvement in significant projects in Thailand, especially those related to energy, electricity, railways, roads, and airports. DFDL Thailand is highly experienced in handling real estate, commercial and industrial property development, construction projects, aviation, cross-border financing, telecommunications, IT, trading, and manufacturing. Our practice in Thailand has expanded in terms of size and scope due to the increase in capital inflows from China and the emergence of various business models relevant to renewable energy, public-private partnerships, TMT, fintech, healthcare, and data protection projects.
Heightened levels of infrastructure-related work and factory relocations have driven a lot more M&A activities, all requiring the sort of international standard services in this area that we provide. We have dedicated professionals who are able to offer legal services to foreign or international clients in Mandarin, French, and Hindi. Our practices and legal advisers are also featured in the world’s leading legal directories.
DFDL Thailand acts as both local and international counsel along with being a key referral partner of international law firms lacking an established local presence that seek to facilitate their clients’ activities in South and Southeast Asia. The Bangkok office is also where a number of DFDL’s regional advisers are based, all with extensive and longstanding experience in complex multi-jurisdictional matters.
- Asia Pacific’s leading renewable energy solutions provider on the 600MW monsoon wind project, the largest proposed wind farm in South East Asia.
- A major low-cost airline in Southeast Asia on the USD 300 million aircraft leasing transaction involving 14 aircrafts.
- A railway solutions provider on its dispute with the Chinese bidder in charge of the project and the Thai Government Authorities.
- A leading French private equity investment company with respect to the acquisition of majority of shares in GreenYellow in a EUR 1.4 billion deal.
- An international hotel group with respect to negotiation of a hotel management agreement with an international hotel brand management company for the rebranding of the client’s hotel.
- A Chinese state-owned hydropower engineering and construction company in relation to the development by the client and Gulf of a 770MW mainstream hydropower project with the purpose of selling its output to Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand.