Founded in 1995, DFDL is one of the longest established foreign legal and tax firms in Myanmar and is the go-to choice to advise Asian and international companies on their investments. Myanmar continues to generate intense investor interest in what remains one of the world’s largest underdeveloped markets. DFDL Myanmar is here is to help.
Myanmar is making valiant strides in leveraging its geopolitically strategic position: rich natural resources, young labor force, over 50 million population, and proximity to some of the most dynamic economies in the world.
To these ends, Myanmar is actively encouraging foreign investment. DFDL Myanmar has helped many international companies establish a presence in the country, and many more are eager to follow suit. Our experienced local and international team is well-equipped to help you navigate the risks and complexities of this ever-evolving legal and tax environment.
DFDL provides a full range of legal and tax services to domestic, Asian and international investors operating in Myanmar. Our team of professional lawyers and advisers in Yangon and Naypyidaw provides tailored, efficient and practical legal services at an international standard.
At the same time, we our equipped with longstanding knowledge and comprehensive expertise of the local business environment – as well as the future growth opportunities in a wide range of exciting and emerging industries.
An established Myanmar practice, frequently acting as local counsel on notable inbound mandates for prominent international clients. “DFDL provide timely and responsive advice to our queries and have been particularly helpful with a difficult matter involving multiple jurisdictions.” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 – DFDL Myanmar
- A consortium of banks and financial institutions on its financing of USD 300 million, 225MW gas-fired combined power plant project, the largest of its kind in Myanmar, the Myingyan Power Plant.
- Thaibev on its USD 750 million acquisition of 75% stake of two Myanmar spirits distillers.
- A foreign export-import bank on its USD 800 million acquisition financing of a large teak plantation in Myanmar.
- Osotspa’s greenfield investment in Myanmar for its energy drink manufacturing business with multiple set-ups for backward and forward integrations.
- Telenor on its disinvestment from Myanmar by selling its shares to the M1 Group from Lebanon including strategizing on how to approach the exit, and comprehensive due diligence on risks, liabilities and mitigation strategies.
- Grab, as lenders counsel for Cambodia and Myanmar, in relation to advising a consortium of lenders on its first senior secured term loan facility, the biggest term loan facility in the Asian tech sector, with a principal amount of USD 2 billion.
- Credit Bureau Asia, a company having a market capitalisation of about SGD 215 million, as Myanmar counsels for its Listing on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange.
- AIA, as Myanmar counsel, on one of Myanmar’s largest and one of the first bancassurance transactions with AYA Bank.
- Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility, as Myanmar counsel, for the first-ever bond issue by a Myanmar-focused company on any international bond market.
- As Myanmar counsel to Shandong Electric Power Construction Corporation, as EPC provider and equity investor for a 145 MW gas-to-power project located in Kyaukse township in the Mandalay region of Myanmar.
Address№ 134/A, Than Lwin Road, Golden Valley Ward (1),
Bahan Township (GPO Box 729), Yangon, Myanmar
View on Google Maps
Plot No. 18, Ottarathiri Hotel, Hotel Zone (2),
Oattarathiri Township, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
View on Google Maps
+95 1 526 180
+95 67 435 031
8 AM – 6 PM
Monday – Friday