DFDL Bangladesh is a full-service law firm in Dhaka combining international offshore expertise with dedicated local know-how and experience in a variety of practice areas, including dispute and litigation, energy and infrastructure, banking and finance and tax.
In Bangladesh, our team of legal professionals has extensive knowledge in project development, international trade, corporate and structured finance, mergers and acquisitions, employment, and general commercial affairs. Our passionate and hard-working Bangladeshi lawyers collaborate with an international and local partner-led team to provide practical, reliable, flexible, and forward-thinking solutions to clients in this dynamic market.
We advise major international corporations on a wide range of major projects. We are currently advising a number of well-known global banks and investors on a variety of offshore and onshore financings, mergers and acquisitions, and numerous other projects. We have advised on major greenfield independent power projects and a wide array of corporate and financial transactions.
Very knowledgeable and proactive team. DFDL has vast experience in working with international clients and foreign law firms. The firm has a very positive and solution-oriented approach. DFDL has been helpful both in the legal due diligence, ethics and compliance review and deal negotiations. Good domestic and international network. Clearly the up and coming go-to firm in Dhaka for foreign investors. – Legal 500 2023
“The team is noted for its strong expertise in infrastructure, energy and infrastructure projects, as well as on M&A deals. Draws on its network across the ASEAN region to handle international mandates.” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2022
- Pinnacle Towers in its acquisition of 70% shares in a leading telecom tower sharing service provider company in Bangladesh namely AB HighTech Consortium Ltd.
- True Digital Group on Bangladesh regulatory matters with regard to analysing the Bangladesh market related to the OTT streaming services, technology sector, including IoT products, digital analytic and digital solutions.
- Softbank Vision Fund in acquiring 20% shares of Bkash, the largest mobile financial service provider in Bangladesh, including undertaking due diligence and advising on structuring and documentation.
- Japan Tobacco International in relation to its USD 1.5 billion acquisition of a tobacco business in Bangladesh, including undertaking due diligence, advising on structuring, documentation and also regulatory approvals.
- Export and Import Bank of China in relation to the export buyer’s credit facility to the first PPP project in Bangladesh namely, First Dhaka Elevated Expressway.
- SMBC and Clifford Capital, as local counsel in relation to USD 150 million financing for a 300 MW power plant at Kodda, Gazipur being implemented by Summit Gazipur II Power Ltd.
- CDC, IFC, FMO and JICA in relation to the USD 117 million financing of Excellerate LNG FSRU project which is the first floating storage regasification unit in Bangladesh.